Our management has a special concern for poor and helpless people. Management gives concession education for deprived meritorious students.
- Career Guidance Cell:
- Students Grievance Cell:
- Nature Club
- to promote interest and knowledge about wildlife, forests and the environment among youth.
- to foster concern to protect the fauna and flora and undisturbed examples of the state’s natural heritage.
- to increase awareness of the economic, cultural, scientific and aesthetic values of fauna and flora.
- to provide opportunities to acquire attitudes, values and skills needed to protect and improve the natural environment.
- to help young people experience the wonder of nature and wilderness areas.
- to create awareness about environment and issues of conservation.
- to initiate conservation action and conservation education activities.
- to bring about environment friendly lifestyle.
- Consumer Club
- Red Ribbon Club
- to create awareness of blood donation and to increase the number of blood donors.
- to create a HIV-less healthy world and AIDS awareness.
- to provide the awareness about sex education and to open up a discussion on sexual behaviour change among youth.
- to identify the youth in the high-risk category on campus and transform their behaviour.
- to increase the perception of risky activities in the youth and creating peer educators.
- to reach out to the non-RRC youth, non-collegiate youth and the general public.
- Youth Red Cross
- To create an awareness on the care of their own health and of others.
- To understand and to accept civic responsibilities and act accordingly with humanitarian concern to fulfill the same.
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
- To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.
- The Main principles of YRC is the following:
- Protection of health and life.
- Service to the sick and suffering.
- Promotion of National and International friendship.
- Develop the mental and moral capacities of the Youth.
- Science Forum
- Psychosocial Club
is strongly committed to conservation of natural resources and believes that the fun element is necessary to have meaningful and sustained contribution by the students to the conservation efforts. It functions with the following objectives:
is aimed at the consumer rights and food adulteration with the motto “Aware! Alert! Act!” and the mission of educating the students about the rights and responsibilities of the consumers. National Consumer Day Celebrations are marked with various sessions on important topics like conservation of electricity, eco-system, consumer court, consumer clinics, Consumer Protection Act, Banned drugs etc. Awareness programmes are also arranged for members of Self Help groups operating in and around the college.
is serving in the college enthusiastically with the following objectives:
is an important constituent of its parent organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. A qualified Asst. Professor is recognized as the leader and he is called the Programme Officer. Under his guidance, the students are trained and encouraged to manage the affairs of the group, electing their own office-bearers. The Main Objectives are as follows:
is aimed at scientific thinking and awareness and application of science in day-to-day life. It works in areas of literacy, health, education, women empowerment, science popularization, agriculture, enterprise development, water management, ecology, environmental issues, rural technology and application of information technology in villages.
is aimed at psychological development in a social realm. That is, psychosocial development is how a student’s mind, emotions, and maturity level develop throughout the course of their lifetime.
- Community Service:
- Alumni Association:
- Other Programmes:
- Department of English organizes various training on Tongue Twisters, Spoken English, Communicative skills etc.
- Department of Tamil organizes various activities like Elakkiya Mandram, elocution, verse/essay writing etc.
- One day retreat is conducted every year for their spiritual reformation.
- Extension Activities:
The main aim of this programme is to help our students in getting jobs depending on their skills. Students can benefit themselves by surveillance of notice board every day. One of our staff members is the coordinator of this cell. He will also inform about the placements to the students. Every year, this cell conducts campus interview at the end of the academic year successfully.
The main aim of this cell is to help the students and eradicate their grievances in all aspects. Students can make their complaint to the coordinator at any moment.
Training camps for Scout Masters, Guide Captains, Fire rescue and Citizenship are conducted to the B.Ed. students.
We have various clubs for enriching the students’ knowledge and to develop their skills.
In addition to the regular academic programmes, seminars, workshops and symposiums, guest lectures are also organized, inviting experts from different fields for the development of all round personality.
The Socially Useful and Productive Work programmes are conducted by various specialists in various areas like doll making, painting, drawing, goods preparation, food processing, tailoring, basket knitting, embroidering, etc.
Every year we organize either a science exhibition or social camp or medical camp or awareness rally in a selected rural area around Kalakad. It is a service to the rural people by our students. It motivates our students towards a broad national outlook.
Alumni association is the supportive pillar of the college and link between the former students and the Alma mater. All students are registered as life members of the association when they complete the degree course. The members are encouraged through this association to live and spread the values and to cooperate with various activities of the college.
Opportunities are provided for the development of hidden talents of the students throughout the year. In addition to the regular academic programmes, seminars and workshops are also organized, inviting experts from different fields. A course on self-awareness will be conducted; Attendance to these courses is obligatory for all.
Every year, our staff and the students organize either a science exhibition or Social camp or Medical camp in a selected rural area around Kalakad. It is a service to the rural people by our college. It also motivates our students towards a broad national outlook. Also important national days are celebrated to develop national values.