St. Joseph College of Education is run by The Women and Child Development Society, wherein educationists and protagonists of several years of competent experience in academic administration are sponsoring St.Joseph College of Education.
Being a dedicated educationalist and socialist, Thirumathi M.Vijaya Gnanapoo, W/o. Thiru A.Tamil Selvan, Correspondent, established this college in 2006 and it started its service from the academic year 2007-2008.
Our College intends at the formation of prospective teachers with farsighted clear vision to develop high ethical values to face the challenges of the society and to produce harmonious development of students with integrated personality who will fight to secure Justice, Liberty, Equality and Fraternity.
Our College is committed to form leaders who are intellectually competent, emotionally intellectual, spiritually mature, morally upright, psychologically integrated, physically healthy, socially acceptable, God loving and who will champion the cause of justice, love, truth and peace and who are always open to further growth.
“Terras Irradient” is a Latin word, which means “Let them give light to the world”.
Our college directs at the formation of talented teachers with dedication, engrossment and self-confidence to dissipate the darkness of ignorance, fallacies and narrow-mindedness, thus paving way for a secure and secular society.
- To form teachers who are intellectually competent, spiritually mature, morally upright, psychologically integrated, physically healthy and socially acceptable.
- To enable student-teacher to champion the cause of justice, love, truth and peace and be ever open to further growth.
- To elicit the attitude of serving the people, nation and God among the students.
- To produce skillful, learned and dedicated teachers committed to the cause of national development and education.
- To develop healthy study habits, self-confidence and refined social relations.
- To impart the national values of truth, tolerance, fraternity, democracy, secularism, national integration and international understanding and to uphold them even at the risk of one’s life.
- To kindle the flame of genuine love in the students for knowledge and to dispel the darkness of illiteracy in the community around them.
- To equip the student teachers with skills and right disposition that would make them effective teachers in the community.
- To develop in the student teachers right attitude towards self, life and teaching profession.
- To develop a value system comprising essential personal, community and social values.